Thursday, March 8, 2018


Bar View, Tillamook Bay

This is a Plein Air oil painting of the mouth of Tillamook Bay on Oregon's north coast.  The wind was blowing off the ocean, right into my face.  I was painting on a larger than normal panel, 12x16", so it made a great sail, blowing the easel over twice.  I was also dealing with an outgoing tide, so the tide pool in the foreground was draining. The elements finally won the day, so I packed up and went home, returning the next day at high tide. As can be seen in the second photo, I pointed my jeep right into the wind and set the pachade box inside.  I would stick my head out and take a view and pull back in out of the wind and paint. 



Bar View, Tillamook Bay
12x6" oil on canvas hardboard panel Recently displayed at Ryan Gallery
Lincoln City, Oregon, Rogue Gallery and Art Center, Medford, OR, and Art Presence Art Center, Jacksonville, OR. Currently In Wirfs Studio Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment